Monday, August 6, 2012

Cream Cheese Filled Snickerdoodles

I was planning to make a cookie tray for a party I was attending and wanted to try a new cookie recipe. Like many other "Pinheads", I went straight to Pinterest and searched for "the best cookies ever" or something like that. I pretty much started drooling when I saw these Cream Cheese Filled Snickerdoodles from Cookies and Cups. My search for "the best cookies ever" did not disappoint!


What You Need:
Cookies:
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup salted butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Cinnamon-Sugar Mix (mix 1/4 cup sugar w 2 teaspoons cinnamon)
Filling:
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
Instructions:
  1. Make filling by mixing cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
  3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
  4. Mix in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt, using low speed.
  5. For each cookie, roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball and flatten into a disk approx. 2 inches diameter. Repeat - will need 2 discs for each cookie.
  6. Place 1 teaspoon of cold cream cheese mixture in middle of one disc, then place other disc on top, pressing down around edges to seal. Next, carefully roll into a ball and roll in cinnamon sugar mix.
  7. Put cookie on plate and refrigerate. After making each one, put in refrigerator. It is important that these cookies stay cold before baking.
  8. Once all cookies have been made, allow them to chill for at least 15 minutes.
  9. While cookies are chilling, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  10. Bake on parchment-lined cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
  11. Cool on wire rack.
  12. Once cool...place several on a plate for people to taste and "oooh" and "aaah" over. Then hide the rest of the cookies so you can eat them yourself. Yes...they are that good. 

Places I'm Partying:


shabby creek cottage
Tip Junkie handmade projectsSee Vanessa CraftWhipperberryPhotobucketKatie's Nesting SpotOne Artsy Mama
Too Much Time On My HandsOneCreativeMommy.com

15 comments:

  1. I love stuffed cookies - cream cheese and snickerdoodle YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my....these look amazing. Can't wait to try them! I'm your newest follower. I hope you'll visit me over at http://posedperfection.blogspot.com and click on my "Follow Me" button to add Posed Perfection to your GFC. Have a blessed week! ~Nici

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey these are great!
    We loooooooove snickerdoodles cookies, but I've never had them filled with cream cheese!:)
    I'm pinning this

    ReplyDelete
  4. How hilarious that you searched "best cookies ever" and these came up! Love that you made them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 'creamcheese stuffed' automatically makes this possibly the best cookie ever! Plus snickerdoodles are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cant wait to make these! They look so yummy! I am loving your blog! Would love for you to visit me and join my site as well. :)

    riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look like yummy cookies!
    I'm wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. Come on over and get the button! http://pintsizedbaker.blogspot.com/2012/08/versatile-blogger-award.html
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so good. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/apple-cinnamon-roll-pull-aparts-and.html
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know it was possible for snickerdoodles to get any better! I hope you’ll link this up today (or anytime this weekend) at One Creative Weekend on OneCreativeMommy.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. These look sinful. Haha I love cream cheese AND snickerdoodles, so what a fantastic combo! :) Can't wait to try them. New follower here. Yay for being blog friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh. I have never heard of these before. They look delicious :D I use pinterest for all my recipes, hehe.
    I wanted to take a moment to invite you to submit this and any other yummy recipes to my link party, Recipe Sharing Monday. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping over to pin these. I didn't think my fav cookie could get better. I was wrong.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be featuring this yummy recipe on One Creative Weekend at OneCreativeMommy.com tomorrow. Please stop by and grab a featured button if you’d like. I can’t wait to see what you link up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks absolutely delicious! Can't wait to try them!

    New follower via the GFC blog hop :)

    Brittany
    Secondhandsolace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete