What You Need:
- Memory Wire
- Beads in 2 Colors (I used 6/0 Czech Glass Beads)
- Round Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters (hardware store ones, NOT ones made for jewelry)
How To Make It:
See photos below
- Use your wire cutters to cut 7 full rounds of memory wire.
- Cut one of the rounds in half and create a small loop at one end of each with your round nose pliers (make sure to tighten the loop all the way down).
- Use round nose pliers to make a small loop at the end of each of the 6 of remaining rounds of memory wire to keep the beads on the wire. Make sure to tighten the loop down so it is completely closed.
- String 3 rounds of wire with one color beads and 3 rounds of wire with second color beads.
- At the end of each round of wire, you will want to leave about a pinky finger's width with no beads and use your round nose pliers to create another small loop at the end (tightened down) to keep beads on the wire.
- Next, line the rounds up in alternating colors. For me it is blue, green, blue, green, blue, green.
- With the small loops at the end of each round lined up, take one of the half rounds you made earlier and string it through all the loops (in order). Trim the end to about a pinky-width and use round-nose pliers to form another loop at the end.
- Separate into 3 parts (blue/green - blue/green - blue/green) and braid.
- Once braided, keep ends in order and string the other half round through the ending loops. Trim off excess and seal with another small loop at the end.
Pretty easy, huh?!
Of course, if you aren't feeling up to it, you can always buy one from my Etsy Shop ;)
Hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and are feeling inspired! I've got lots of great tutorials to share, so I'd love it if you'd follow along!
Places I'm Partying: