Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Memory Wire Bracelets

I was asked by a friend and fellow crafter if I had ever made a bracelet using memory wire. I have always liked the look of them, but surprisingly my answer was no, I had not ever made a bracelet with memory wire.  I even had a bunch of beads that I envisioned using with wire, but they were just collecting dust. So thank you to my friend, Kim, for inspiring me to finally make a memory wire bracelet. Turns out it is stupid easy to make a beautiful bracelet! I've already made two and see many more in my future!



What You Need:

  • Memory Wire - Bracelet Size
  • Beads
  • Round Nose Pliers
  • Wire Cutters (regular hardware store ones, NOT jewelry ones)


How To Make It:

  • The memory wire comes coiled like a spring. Determine the size of your bracelet and cut off that many coils with wire cutters. Memory wire is very hard and will ruin your jewelry wire cutters, so use a cheapo pair from the hardware store.
  • Using round nose pliers, make a small loop at one end of the wire to keep beads from falling off.
  • String beads onto wire.
  • When you've reached the end of your bracelet, use your round nose pliers to make another small loop to secure the beads.
  • I have not personally used any other method, but they do sell memory wire end caps that can be glued on rather than making that loops.





Hopefully this post will inspire others to create some beautiful memory wire jewelry. I made this bracelet standing at my kitchen island while my kids ate lunch. It was so quick & easy and I love the way it turned out! Happy Creating!

Blythe

Places I'm Partying:


www.the36thavenue.comPhotobucketshabby creek cottageHookingupwithHoH

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh! How cute! And it sounds so simple to make...I have some memory wire just sitting around that I've never played with...hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours are gorgeous Blythe - I've also just posted my lates memory wire bracelet today. They are so super easy to make and very very addictive!! xx Nat
    http://northshoredays.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/the-forest-floor-bracelet.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your site! Your bracelets are stunning! Cute name too! I'm definitely you're newest follower! Maybe you can check out my new DIY site and let me know what you think? I'd love to make a new follower connection with you!

    xoxo Sam

    DIY Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bracelet. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bracelet! We do some beadwork as well on ATA Girls but this bracelet is an inspiration!
    Found you on Shine on Friday hop
    Diane
    allthoseartsygirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have such great sparkle and it seems like it would go fairly quickly. Nice look!
    Thank you for linking up at the Wildly Original party.

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When my girls were little, I liked to have a pretty little Designer Bracelets on their wrists. I used lobster clasps on the early bracelets, but In my safety conscious mind I worried about the clasp coming apart and the girls choking on the beads or the clasp coming open and the girls choking on the whole bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is important to fit your personal Bridesmaid Dresses with your

    lifestyle. Think about all items that you might carry in your personal omega speedmaster

    watches
    . For example, if you like to read books, try to purchase a cheap miu miu handbags which

    fits to a standard size books. Your personal coco chanel online has to be

    very practical. It should fit to your lifestyle. Therefore, you need to think about how you can use your cheap hermes handbags regularly before deciding to purchase a purse for your daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb Bracelets! Your blog information is very useful for all jewelry lover. I always like Bracelets Jewelry made with sterling silver. Thank you so much sharing a post.

    ReplyDelete